Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Wednesday June 23, Bullen Middle School

7:30-8 Diane Hilbrink the regular librarian for this middle school, and the assistant greeted me and gave me a tour of the library. the computer lab is in the middle of the library surrounded by books. there are 30 desktop iMac computers and a Promethean board. It is an older library much smaller than many of the newer school libraries. The office space is very small and piles high with school store items.

8-8:30 A 6th grader reading class were introduced to the library. It was nice to see some familiar faces from my school. I helped the students select books and check out.

8:30-9 Read shelves in the non fiction section and straightened shelves.

9:00-9:30 A 7th grade reading class were brought in and the rules were gone over. I introduced myself, helped them find books and check out.

9:30-10:00 Diane and I went over the library media teacher job description. She went over the normal school year schedule and use of the library, policies and procedures.

10:00-10:30 A 6th grader reading class were introduced to the library. It was nice to see some familiar faces from my school. I helped the students select books and check out.

10:30-11:00 I toured the school and met some of the summer school office staff.

11:00-11:30 An 8th grade reading class were brought in and the rules were gone over. I introduced myself, helped them find books and check out.

11:30-12:30 Read shelves in the non fiction section and straightened shelves.

No comments: