Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Compare Pre and Post Write Elementary Experience

The realities of the library media position and my prewriting experience were not too far off track. I feel I assimilated well into the position having such a strong background in technology, stronger actually than the job requires. That was a bit disappointing as I would like to move forward more with technology, however if the hardware is not available, my hands are tied.

One of the most surprising aspects was the lack of knowledge the rest of the faculty had about the standards and benchmark of information literacy. Many of the teachers acted as if library was an option and would not bring their students to class. It was a struggle to get some to see that we can collaborate and use the core subject material for library lessons. Hopefully next year I will not face those obsticles and it is my goal to have 80% if not 100% of all lessons be core subject.

The Super 3 and Big 6 were new to me so I will feel much more comfortable and use the terminology and models far more this new year. I was a bit hesitant to use them and I am rather surprised that throughout my masters and the 902 certification more was not done with them. I think they are great models that should be used more in these programs. By the end of the year I was more comfortable and referred to them often.

The library media position is a lot of work, however I was prepared for it and think I handled it well. I plan to record my story telling and some of my lessons for next year as teaching 6 50 minute session each day can wear me down and I tend to lose my voice by Wednesday. I would also like to set up tutorials and post them on my library wiki to use in lessons.

No comments: